Context and Challenges:
- An international business with physical locations in France, the United Kingdom and Asia with a three-figure growth rate
- The company handles petabytes of data, composed of both proprietary data and client’s data; mostly videos, images and specialized format raw data. The company needs to be able to serve this data to its customers in multiple geographical locations with an acceptable response time.
- The company’s tech infrastructure was historically on-premise. The challenge was to help the company select its cloud partner, as it was looking to transition from its on-premise infrastructure to a cloud native infrastructure.
- The tech team had limited experience with cloud services and providers.
Duration: 6 weeks
Solutions and Impact:
- We clarified the needs of the client regarding the targeted quality of service for the end users on the one hand, and the targeted data availability on the other hand.
- We heavily challenged cloud architecture proposals, and downsized the proposed cloud services against the real needs of the client, especially in terms of data storage redundancy. The savings represented about 500K€ in OPEX per year (-30%) on data storage only, while keeping the quality of service the same.
Reach out to us to learn more about our services and track record.Contact Us